- Carnivalesque XLI has arrived at xoom
- Elvis was alive in late antiquity, and he left a stone effigy to prove it
- The Chaucer Blog has been replaced by "GEOFFREY CHAUCER HATH AN EXTREME BLOG: GO ENGLAND! IT YS RAD!" Favorite line: "Go to Canterburye and light yowerself a clue candle."
- Titans are clashing at Humanities Researcher (a post that gets at the human feelings that we often forget about when we compose our "disembodied" reviews and critiques)
- Dr Virago gives her version of the incident of the purloined credit card. It is rather different from the kleptomania I recall
- This monstrous CFP (MEARCSTAPA sessions for Kzoo 2009) will interest many readers.
- Leeds 2009 has its CFP up; proposals due by August 31
- Had I been able to spend a little longer in London, I would have gone to the British Museum's Hadrian exhibit, which opens today. I'm also sorry to have missed this one at the Wellcome Collection, on the skeletons beneath the city.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
by J J Cohen