Paper proposals are invited for this interdisciplinary anniversary conference 21-24 July 2016 at the Ioannou Centre and TORCH, Oxford.
Papers may be on any topic relevant to the area, though the main suggested themes are listed below. Individual paper proposals (of 20 minutes’ length) are highly encouraged and are anticipated to make up the majority of the programme; proposals are also invited for consideration by a number of session organisers. Sessions which are filled may be replicated if enough paper proposals warrant it.
PAPER PROPOSAL DEADLINE 31 OCTOBER 2015
Sessions will run in parallel for 90 minutes each. Paper proposals in the general call should be for 20 minute papers, which will be scheduled in sessions of 3 papers each; if groups of people wish to propose a session in a different format, they are welcome to submit linked proposals. Session and paper proposers are asked to nominate one or more of the thematic strands in which their session/paper would fit:
- The Church; monasticism, clerical reform, theology, religious experience
- Literature, authors, and patronage
- Language and multilingualism, language contact
- Institutions and governance; lordship; kingship
- Warfare, battles, conduct in war, fighting men
- Art and material culture; music; court life
- Society and peoples
- Trade and commerce
- Space, movement, contact, networks; England and Europe, England and Scandinavia
Website and submission form here.