by EILEEN JOY
For those traveling to Kalamazoo, Michigan for the 45th International Congress on Medieval Studies (13-16 May 2010), the BABEL Working Group, thanks to a generous donation from TwelveSouth, will be raffling off not one, but TWO, of these "I'm a medievalist, I must have one of these!" BookBook laptop cases [one each of the 13" and 15" sizes]. Raffle tickets will be $5.00 each and will be available at the following locations and times:
1. "Post-Abysmal" roundtable sessions: Thursday, 1:30 p.m., Valley III, Stinson Lounge & Thursday, 3:30 p.m., Bernhard 210
2. Palgrave Booth, Book Exhibits, Valley III, Rm. 302: Friday, 3:00-4:00 p.m. [during the "meet & greet" the Editors of postmedieval: a journal of medieval cultural studies event]
3. BABEL Business Meeting: Friday, 5:15-6:00 p.m., Bernhard 158
4. BABEL Party to celebrate launch of "postmedieval": Friday, 9:00 p.m. - midnight, Rose Street Market [303 N. Rose Street, downtown Kalamazoo]
5. BABEL's sessions on "Style" and "Collaboration": Saturday, 1:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m., Fetzer 1005
The winner will be announced here on Facebook on Sunday, May 16th!
More details about the laptop case can be found here:
TwelveSouth: BookBook Hardback Leather Laptop Case
For the most part, BABEL runs on martinis, WD-40, ramen, loose change, the kindness of strangers, old Talking Heads albums, matches, a glitter ball, and chewing gum. But every now and then, we appreciate whatever donations our members and friends may be willing to spare. Thus, proceeds from this raffle will be used specifically to help us defray: a) travel expenses for graduate students to participate in BABEL-sponsored conference events; b) travel expenses for featured speakers in BABEL-sponsored conference sessions and other events, such as BABEL's newly-inaugurated biennial conference and our upcoming Speculative Medievalisms event; c) operating expenses associated with BABEL-sponsored conferences and other symposia; and d) costs associated with BABEL-sponsored social events.
You know you want one of these:
I'm getting the urge to shop now, what a lovely case.
Wish I were there; if only I weren't taking over classes of my colleague who *is* going :-)
Teaching the Alliterative Morte Arthure is fun too, of course.
Post a Comment